Saturday, October 30, 2004

happy halloween

I had a plan to dress up as an african for halloween this year. As you may or may not know by now the host family I am with does not celebrate halloween. But I plan on taking Deidre out anyway because they don't have halloween in South Africa ;) I am gonna be the bad white girl in the family by the end of this phase!

On our way into the library there was a crowd on the street, a man looks like he may have fallen off his bike for whatever reason and hit his head on the pavement. He is pretty old and the ambulance seemed to take forever. I hope he is okay.
Time is going pretty slowly here and I can't wait for the African phase. I love my friends though and every chance I get I am msnning them and writing emails, so if I am without a computer in Africa I don't know what I will do! I am going to try and do some more letter writing soon, just so that I can send it off before I leave here and in time for Christmas and birthdays.
Miss you all! Post a comment once in a while so I can know what you all are up to too!

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy! I hope you and Deidre had fun last night. Don't forget, I'm sending you something in the mail before you head to Africa. I'll let you know when I send it though. Have a good week at work! Talk with you later, Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home