Wednesday, February 14, 2007

times like these


Well. This was me playing around with my camera during the holidays. People tell me I am obsessed with self portraits. This one, I was experimenting. Which, I guess, you could say is what I am doing out in Calgary. It has been my first true step out in to the real world on my own. Yes, I have been away from home before, but there was always a sense that I was being sheltered before. This time, I came out with Matt and am living with my sister and a friend. I have a job at a lovely Italian eatery named Buon Giorno's. Some may say I should leave all the details out, but then that would lessen my chances of having a stalker! Where is the fun in that?!
Calgary is beautiful, and surprising in many ways. But as I have stated on the ever-famous facebook, I don't believe it could be my home. I thought that with all the opportunities here that it would be easy to make a life in the city. It is not that things aren't nice here or are even terribly hard. Just different than I had been expecting. I am going to be here for a while no matter what. Matt ended up going to the oil fields, but my job isn't bad so far. I intend on making the best of my time in the west. I have good friends here and visitors coming and going, that would be hard not to enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 2:54 AM, Blogger lu said...

buon giorno's! have you been to steeps across the street even if just to smell the tea?

i also drowned a cell phone in a purse full of beer on the corner of 8th street and 17th ave during the playoffs, which seems SO long ago now!

oh the memories of my hometown. take care of her for me.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Woikin said...

hey hey there baby, justa me, i have been so busy lately and i thought i would check out your blog, only to find your off again to calgary now, good for you duder. I just wanted to say hiya, and see how you were doin, so hiya, and how you doin

Ha, i will write ya an email soon, letcha know how the married life is doin. how is adam murmus doing

anywho ttyl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home