Saturday, June 10, 2006

until tomorrow the whole world is my home

First thing is first. I want to send a shout-out to my bro across the water who doesn't think that either Jill or I update nearly often enough. I hate to disappoint my audience. Ha. Hope you are doing alright without the wife. No surfing.. or just be really, really careful.

What I wouldn't give to be surfing right now. That is, if I knew how. I feel restless and impatient with my life right now. That is definitely not my usual summer attitude. I love summer. Perhaps it is the knowledge that soon I will be finished University and finally have the chance to explore the world around me. I know there are high's and low's whether you are living here at home or in a place you consider to be paradise. I know that in many ways this is my paradise, but at the same time, in many ways it is not.

I am befuddled. And entertained by that word... Okay.. I am writing this now when I am drinking. Much fun. Sitting around with friends, laughing about summers past. I was feeling down the other day, but summer is finally bringing its good cheer my way. Oh yeah, and I'm listening to stories while I write this. Matt just said him and Corinne are like siamese twins - since they are joined at the heart. Aww.

This was my most random post yet, but I hope ya'll enjoy it to the max! Here are some random pictures as well for your viewing pleasure:


bleeding hearts


jasper.. stretching in the sunlight


sunrise


tim and i .. funny faces

7 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Joy said...

One last random note: Patrick Roy was in our restaurant last night! Then again, so were a heck of a lot of other french people, all here for the QMJHL draft.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger lu said...

ok, this is the third time i have tried to write this but the blogger universe wouldn't let it happen...

i just wanted to say that i totally appreciate the restlessness and impatience with life right now, a perfect way to put it.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger lu said...

wait, wait, i do not appreciate the actual feelings of restlessness and impatience, but how you put it cause i am feeling the same way!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Joy said...

Haha. I am glad the universe finally let you comment, because I appreciate having a friend who appreciates life the same way that I do. Impatient and restless or not ;)

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Tim Gormley said...

I totally relate to what you're saying about exploring the world around you, but still having found paradise at home.

I have definately been feeling a tug on my soul lately, something pulling me in all directions. I feel happy and somewhat settled here, but at the same time, I'm missing something and I can't quite place what it is. I'm not quite ready to let my feet take root into the ground...I think I really do need to explore the world around me too. It might seem late to some, considering I'm 31...but I just didn't have the desire when I was younger. I would honestly love to get rid of all my belongings and put my life in a bag. All these possessions just feel like they're weighing me down. Sorry, I'm rambling now.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially love the one of Jasper...I'm a big fan of the way light shows in pictures. Keep 'em coming!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Ooh. Tay, thank you. I also love taking pictures and I have the perfect one of some flowers at night. Sounds odd, but all I need is some time to actually put them on a computer and I will gladly show you more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home