Thursday, March 23, 2006

unwritten

"Scars are little reminders for us that the past was real"

For as long as I can remember, which isn't very long (ha!) I have been a reflective person. I love looking back on what I was thinking, doing, or feeling at a certain point in my life. This means dusting off old diaries, pondering my pictures, and more recently rereading the blog I have kept for a year and a half. I guess you could say I facsinate myself.. okay that is another joke, but seriously. I have been home for a year now, and I think I am doing well (clearly it's all about me today), I am back at school, I am meeting new people, and tending to push myself in a more positive direction. So while I still reflect, I am curious whether this is a help or a hinderance. I get stuck in ruts sometimes thinking about the past, but more and more I think that to acknowlege it makes me more authentic now. This involves everything, the good, the bad, the ugly, the funny, the sad... a balance you could say. Then, as I acknowledge and remember, I may also forget. I can let it go and hope that I have learned from it in some way and enjoyed it.

This is not to say however, that I will ever let go of the past completely. The things that mean the most to me will always remain close.

Right now I am looking forward to more coffee breaks, the strike giving me time to get my work done, friends, family and laughter. Oh, and spring weather.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Joy said...

I forgot to mention that I also started a music blog. It will consist of song lyrics that catch my attention, or that I find fun or interesting. You can find the link under 'others'.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Tim Gormley said...

There are definately things from our past that seem to want to cling to us. Sometimes I'm not sure if they're clinging, or I am. In the majority of cases, if I really think about it, it's not the memory that lingers, it's the pain of what happened. Yes, usually it's the bad stuff that remains...festering within us and draining us. I tend to think that it's very important to take those memories, and whatever feelings they may have left with us and turn them into something new, something positive. Right now, I can feel the pain from a lot of different things if I focus on them and if I turn them around, I can use that energy to push myself forward in life. Take it by the scruff of the neck and put it to work for you, so to speak. :)

Ahh, I'm off on another rant...hopefully not too boring. We'll get together and have a chat about it Joy. Perhaps we can help shed some new light on it for each other. Seeya.

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i was gonna post but decided to email instead , topher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home