Thursday, February 09, 2006

amish paradise

This week has been just aweful when it comes to me and technology. I am trying my best, but even my toaster has a mind of its own.

I am writing in anticipation of my very first Mermuys family sausage-making day! It has been a tradition in the family for many years and now is my chance, I am home and willing, to go pick at some pig guts and make them into something delicious. I am hoping with my previous experience in the slaughterhouse in Alberta, and the market in SA (with pig head and feet on display for sale...) that I won't be grossed out by the whole process. Mom's sausage's are the best in the world and I do not want to jeopardize that.

Speaking of being turned off a food. Jill and I were discussing eggs the other day at lunch and she mentioned that she only liked them occasionally. I do like them now, but in elementary school when Mr. Campbell did an experiment to teach us about chick's... it went wrong and we ended up throwing the bad eggs at a tree in the back of the school yard. I could not eat eggs for a couple of years after that. Hopefully I am not going to react to this in the same way. I think I will get over it pretty well. Besides, it's all about the family experience anyway.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Joy said...

In case you were curious, there were no pig guts and no brains either. There was lots of meat though, 900 pounds to be exact. And I had a blast.
Now what I am looking forward to is visiting Julie in Halifax....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home