Thursday, September 22, 2005

feels good do it

I am back at school now with all history courses this semester. It am actually quite enjoying it, but for the work that is ;)
Tonight is one of my favorite classes. It is taught by Professor Weale who I enjoy just sitting and listening to whatever stories he has to tell. They always make you think. And he has this kind of theory, he talks of "thin moments" which I find hard to explain but essentially they are moments where you feel everything is right or pure. It may feel like a spiritual moment, or as Weale likes to describe it, like when you have knocked back a few. Nonetheless, I know what he means, drunk and no. It is not a scholarly theory, but a theory on life. The more of these moments you can expeience, the better you can live your life.

If you get nothing from this post, I am sorry. I am no storyteller myself, but it makes sense to me. I have enjoyed these thin moments myself on occasion, most of all at Arniston beach near the end of the world where I was alone, but felt everything would be okay from that moment. The feeling comes and goes.

And right now I am watching the tape of "Lost " we recorded. I have no idea where in the world it could be taking us, but it is one hell of a ride.

Okay, so this is a while later, I am home from seeing Sloan. It was unreal. They are quite the entertainers and I love their music. However, our time was nearly ruined due to the moronic actions of a few people. They threw their beer cups, empty and full at the lead singer. It was really embarassing and disappointing since this is the way they will remember their time back on PEI. I appreciate that they looked past that one persons actions and didn't take it out on the rest of us. I love Sloan dude. Rock on.

2 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know wat u sayin its kinda like me friend joy she always has sometin to say and i enjoy every minute of it listenening to her sxtories 2day i could not stop laughing this afternoon ,joy is an amazying friend and i love all my fiends very dearly but joy she is so much more ,Joy is just the best totally the best ,eh what am i saying anyone who reads this already knows this cause everyone Loves joy

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

opps oh yea that was Topher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home