Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I remember you

I heard that song tonight, I think it is by Skid Row. It and many other things this week have made me wonder, what makes something memorable?

I saw a guy in the library today someone who I took a class with a whole year ago and he came up to me, remembered my name and said he should apologize because he thought he may have made me uncomfortable that last day when he asked me to go for coffee. I do remember him, but to me it was not so memorable because despite his worries, I just had somewhere else I had to be. Another incident at a gas station, someone I thought would likely remember me didn't really seem to. Ouch. Then there are other times, for all of us it seems, that you pretend like you don't remember someone when you actually do. I don't think we are bad people for doing it, it's human nature. It's funny and amazing how we work. I am satisfied with what little memory I have now to make the best from the good and the bad. And for those of you who remember me and will acknowledge that you do know me (hehe), thank you.

Speaking of what is memorable, it is the 25th anniversary of the first Marathon of Hope. Now who could forget Terry Fox?

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post Joy....(told ya I'd say that!) Last night when you said that you had an idea for a post, I knew exactly what you were going to write about. Anyways...We'll talk shortly I'm sure...ttyl, Laura

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really interesting ,and is so true,I will remeber yea and acknowledge yea always,how could anyone not remember Joy the Boy :P ,Topher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home