Monday, February 14, 2005

...but everything means nothing, if i ain't got you...

Happy Valentine's Day! I got a nice flower from someone special today... the lady handing them out infront of Superspar, that is our local superstore. And I basically skipped work today to veg and watch a movie with Kristin and Thandie. Not the best Valentine's I guess but it was nice enough, I bought myself a present or two to make up for it - a shirt and some underwear. We only have 19 days left here in Bredasdorp and then 10 in Cape Town. I am doing my best to get everyone presents and some for me too.
So what else is happening you say? I heard yesterday that a good friend has testicular cancer and I am concerned for him, though I hear he is in good spirits. I'm praying for you buddie, get better soon! And here, life goes on, I got some letters and enjoyed them. People are also starting to get mine back home so that is a good sign. Besides that, I miss you all and will see you sooner rather than later! All my love, Joy

3 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valintines Joy to Mom and Dad you are one of our best gifts -which to your ears may sound silly but after God you and your sisters are tops...we look forward to your safe return HOME but wish each day until then is filled with love, adventure and laughter...all the best LOVE M & D

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy,
I just wanted to let you know that my (along with Jason's) Grampy passed away this evening (Monday, Feb. 14th. I just thought I would let you know since we were talking earlier in the day.

Can't wait to see you when you get home. Love, Laura

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy!!
Sounds like you had a good Valentines Day, thats so cute some lady gave you a flower! I got your letter yesterday, mom sent it to me. Thank You!! I don't know if I'll have time to send you a letter, you probably wouldn't get it in time. But maybe I'll try anyway. :-) So I went home last weekend with Tim, and saw Crystal and Lee and everyone. It was really great, everyone is wondering how you're doing and everything. So anyway enjoy the time you have left in Africa, and I'll see you when you get back!!!
Love ya,
Jill :-)

P.S. Re: Dad's post. We are second best!! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home