Friday, December 17, 2004

Africa

I made it. It was a long and unique journey here, but I ended up enjoying it. We arrived in Capetown and got to stay for three days, the first of which I slept through since we only got in in the evening. Then we got to go look around the city. It is amazing that there is so much poverty right in the middle of this beautiful place. And some of our girls are from these areas themselves which is even more amazing to me. There is so much to tell and I wish I could write here for hours, but that would cost a zillion Rand, so I can't. I can tell you that today while walking around Bredasdorp a tiny preying mantis got stuck in my hair, it was cute. I am enjoying my time here, it already seems like it will go very fast. I have a sunburn already and we are heading to the beach in a bit, but they are so beautiful I don't mind. I got to jump the waves in the Indian Ocean yesterday, it was awesome. I love you all. I hope you are all safe and happy too.

By the way, this is Deidre's cell phone number just in case: 011-27-726-953830. I will get the address here asap so you can all write to me too :)

4 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
It's great to hear that you're having a good time there. Did you freak out with the preying mantis got suck in your hair? lol. Everything here is going well. It's busy, busy, busy for me, but I've finished class for this semester, and don't go back until Jan. 5th. Well, I could go on for hours too, but I have to get back to work. It was awesome seeing that you had posted something new here, and I'll send you something when you post your address. If I'm not "talking" to you again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I'll be thinkin' of ya! Miss ya and Love ya, Laura

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well joy sounds like your still having a blast well that's great to hear,Well incase im not talkin to you again i hope u have a very Merry christmas and a Happy new year.(i did my blog again too)Later Joy The Boy Chris.................Topher

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy, Good to hear your alive,
I've seen you signing in and out of msn, but i guess it isn't working good for ya. I so glad to hear your having a blast, i told you you would. Dude, thanks for the b'day card it was awesome(homemade!!). Not much new on my end, i'm home for the holidays and have the flu, go figure!!. I'll be over it soon and filtering the whiskey through me as best i can. I'm missing a drinkin buddy though.
Well i'm just happy to know your all good and finally have a good time. Kill a hippo for me would ya!
Later gater, see ya real soon
Tim

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, It's Laura again. I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'll hopefully "talk" to you in the new year. Love ya lots, Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home