Wednesday, January 05, 2005

change the world

I had a nice Christmas and New Year's, thank you everyone for all your warm wishes. I am back from De Hoop Nature Reserve where we were working and staying for the holidays. It was beautiful there and fun to do some physical work, cutting down trees and building a horse trail.

I started work yesterday, we stapled folders together. It's not gonna save the world or anything but when the clinic gets busier I think we will be put to work, and may go out with the mobile clinic (it travels all over the Overberg area). It should be a great work placement. Life in Bredasforp has begun. The time is already flying, so I am making the most of it, but I so miss you all, thank you for all your awesome messeges and I want to hear all about your winter (hehe) when I get back too, don't forget. I love you all, miss you.

Ps. The cutest little girl came up to me as I walked in the internet cafe, said something in Africaans and then grabbed my hand. Adorable.

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey joy!

i just wanted to say hi, it was awesome to hear from you at christmastime! even though it is hard to get a word in edgewise at home (heehee). it sounds like you're having a great time, i'm really glad. well, i can't wait to see you again (who would have thought?! :-) but in the meantime, have fun! and happy 2005!!!! oh, and did you find a camera??

miss you and love ya lots!
jill

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picture you and the internet cafe girl and it makes my heart full--we miss you lots but know that these expeiences will be with you forever and you are and will always be blessed for giving yourself in service to others...so enjoy WE Love you...all is well here...snow, cold then rain...home eh! LOVE Dad

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joy!! Just found out about this blog of yours! I can't believe no one told me... It's great to hear that you are having so much fun. I am sure you are having an amazing experience! Darcy and I think of you lots and have tried to call. I love you too. Can't wait to see you soon..... Jenn

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joy we are the proud owners of 32 centimeters of fresh snow that is windblown into nice piles....wish you were here....miss you loads of love Mom Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home