Wednesday, May 18, 2005

more than words

It seems lately I can't find the inspiration to actually write something worth while on this page. Usually all it takes is a moment, but my ideas aren't forthcoming or at least aren't interesting enough to put down. And of course this is just the time I am asked to do a speech for my local Rotary Club. I did one before I left so I know how grateful and nice these people are but it is still frightening; moreso than death according to some statistics.

Hehe, here is a good one:

A panda walks into a cafe. The panda orders a sandwich, eats it and then fires a gun into the air. On his way out, he tosses a badly punctuated wildlife manual at the confused bartender and directs him to the entry marked "Panda."
Whereupon the bartender reads: "Panda. Large black-and-white bearlike mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Okay, so it's really cheezy but there is a book that is actually based on the poor grammar of that joke [eats{,}shoots and leaves] and it is really pretty good. I love reading again thanks to Lara and her portable library, and thank you Jenn too for my current read "People of Heaven".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home