Sunday, October 23, 2005

since when did it matter where the outside world fit in?

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
When you are in deep trouble, say nothing,
and try to look like you know what you're doing.

This was a cute email, but it made me think:
Judgement is often the main reason that everyone is so obsessed with their ego. It's all about who you hang out with and what they do and how pretty they are or aren't. I am guilty as much as everyone in judging people at first sight, but it is sickening to think that this is really the basis for what people think the person is actually like. I always do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt. They may not appeal to me at first but some shining quality may come through and they could be such a great person in the end. This is not to say everyone is a saint, but I think there is good in everyone, and it should be our job to seek out the best in people. Then we may help them figure out that their not so great qualities can be changed or improved upon. That, I suppose, is my mission statement in life.

I do however reserve the right not to apply this reasoning to one person, most everyone knows who this would be, and I have been put down too much by this person to even consider being nice back. Too bad this post had to end on a bad note, but he called and put me down for the final time.

5 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I am proud of you right now! It's great to see you stand up for yourself. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out, and you deserve everything wonderful in the world. Also, to look at people the way you describe here is just so wise and thoughtful and brilliant. Love you :) - Julie

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Okay, so some people might not know who I am talking about for sure. The person I'm talking about is not from my personal life. If you are curious who it really is, just ask. I don't think names here are appropriate.

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

somewhere there's someone, who dreams about your smile, and finds in your presence,that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere
is thinking of you

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Joy said...

That was so beautiful. I have no idea who wrote that... but thank you.

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Way as comfortable as yours Lady Joy, is a gift for us all. Even when some mindless chatter wears thin. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home